- Applicant must be a high school senior or currently be a full time college or university undergraduate student entering college, technical school or university as a full time student in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Applicant must be a Whatcom County Farm Bureau member or the son, daughter, legal dependent or spouse of a Whatcom County Farm Bureau member, with membership dues paid prior to October 1, 2016, and kept current through May 15, 2017.
- Applicant must not have been awarded the scholarship in previous years.
- Application must be completed and postmarked or emailed by Monday, May 1, 2017 to: Whatcom Farm Bureau Scholarship Committee, PO Box 703, Lynden, WA 98264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judging is scored as follows:
- Academics/Transcript 20
- The Importance of Farm Bureau – Essay 40
- Career Ambition – Essay 20
- Leadership & Community Service – Essay 20
The Whatcom County Farm Bureau Scholarship Committee will review the applications and make the final decision no later than May 15, 2017.
Scholarship payment will be made after one full term has been successfully completed with a GPA of 2.75 or better, and the recipient is enrolled full time for the next term.
Prior to scholarship payment, recipient is responsible for having a copy of grades and a letter of re-enrollment sent from the college registrar to: Whatcom Farm Bureau Scholarship Committee, PO Box 703, Lynden, WA 98264 or email@example.com
For further information, please contact:
Debbie VanderVeen, Whatcom County Farm Bureau Scholarship Chairperson
Melodie Kirk, Whatcom County Farm Bureau Administrative Staff