Whatcom Farm Bureau 2018 Scholarship Program
Washington State Farm Bureau Scholarship Opportunity
Washington State Farm Bureau awards up to five $2000 scholarships every year to undergraduate students currently enrolled in agriculture or a related field at an accredited college or university. Applicants must have completed at least one year of secondary education.
To apply for this scholarship, contact Whatcom Farm Bureau directly.
2017 Scholarship Winner
Dana Ebe won a $1250 scholarship in 2017.
2017 Scholarship Winner
Austin Lenssen won a $750 scholarship in 2017 and an additional scholarship from Washington State Farm Bureau.
The Whatcom County Farm Bureau is offering $2000 in scholarships to qualified Whatcom County students. A minimum of $750 will be awarded to each winner.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a scholarship.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or currently be a full time college or university undergraduate student entering college, technical school or university as a full time student in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Applicant must be a Whatcom County Farm Bureau member or the son, daughter, legal dependent or spouse of a Whatcom County Farm Bureau member, with membership dues paid prior to October 1, 2017, and kept current through May 14, 2018.
- Applicant must not have been awarded the scholarship in previous years.
- Application must be completed and postmarked or emailed by Monday, April 30, 2018 to: Whatcom Farm Bureau Scholarship Committee, PO Box 703, Lynden, WA 98264 Or email@example.com
Judging is scored as follows:
- Academics/Transcript 20
- The Importance of Farm Bureau - Essay 40
- Career Ambition - Essay 20
- Leadership & Community Service - Essay 20
The Whatcom County Farm Bureau Scholarship Committee will review the applications and make the final decision no later than May 14, 2018.
Scholarship payment will be made after one full term has been successfully completed with a GPA of 2.75 or better, and the recipient is enrolled full time for the next term. Prior to scholarship payment, recipient is responsible for having a copy of grades and a letter of re-enrollment sent from the college registrar to:
Whatcom County Farm Bureau Scholarship Committee PO Box 703, Lynden, WA 98264 Or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or further information, please contact:
Troy Lenssen, Whatcom County Farm Bureau Scholarship Chairperson
Melodie Kirk, Whatcom County Farm Bureau Administrative Staff